Sometimes people expect the impossible. King Nebuchadnezzar did. King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream. He knew that it contained an important message. He really wanted to know what it meant, but he was concerned that those around him would lie about the meaning of the dream. The only way he knew how to get the meaning was to ask the impossible of the wise men around him. In order to know that he wasn’t being misled, he required that his wise men not only tell him the meaning of his dream, but the contents of his dream. The wise men told the king that this would be impossible without the aid of the gods.
This infuriated the king. The king ordered his wise men to be killed. Daniel was one of these men. Daniel did the following when he was asked to do the impossible:
- Daniel wanted time to ask the Lord for compassion.
- He asked for help. Daniel informed his friends, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, of the situation and asked them to pray for the Lord’s compassion.
- When God delivered the vision, Daniel was very clear that the message didn’t come from him. Daniel repeated that the praise should go to God who gave him the message.
And now, I would like to be a little more like Daniel.
- For the last two and half years, I have search for the Lord’s compassion. I have asked for healing and direct answers to my prayers.
- I have asked my friends to pray for my healing as well. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me.
- Now that God has delivered healing, I desire to give Him all praise. He is the reason that I am still living. This week I had another MRI done on my brain. It continues to look a little bit healthier than immediately following my surgery. In the medical world, my doctor is “watching and waiting” until the tumor does something. I personally am “watching and waiting” on the Lord’s good works.
Do you need to do one or more of these three things?
- Have you searched for the Lord’s compassion?
- Have you asked for help?
- Have you given praise to God for all He has done in your situation?
When people ask the impossible, remember who does the impossible.
When people asked the impossible, remember that no one does the impossible by themselves.
When God does the impossible through you, remember to praise Him!!